Vitalia Mediu is a leading provider of environmental solutions that treat municipal and industrial waste. With an experience of over 20 years in this sector of activity, we have as main objective to give a new life to the existing materials in municipal and industrial waste for the benefit of the environment, local communities and partner companies. Our mission is to build strong partnerships both with local communities, but also with economic agents in the industry. We come to the aid of enterprises by storing and eliminating solid and assimilable household waste in order to protect the environment.
Our story began in 2001 with the construction of the first waste storage cell in Boldești-Scăeni, in Prahova County, this being the first ecological landfill in Romania. We continued the development of the activity by expanding the storage cells, works for capturing biogas and increasing the capacity of the treatment plant. In Tarpiu, Bistrita Nasaud County, the packaging waste sorting station has a capacity of 13,000 tons / year, and the composting plant has a capacity of 12,000 tons / year.
Our activity is carried out under the following certifications:
ISO 9001 • ISO 14001 • OHSAS 18001
- 2001 – Construction of the first storage cell for household and assimilable waste at Boldesti Scaeni, Prahova County, the first ecological landfill in Romania built through public private partnership
- 2006 – Acquisition of the company by the French group VEOLIA, world leader in waste management
- 2007 – Construction of cell 3, temporary coating of cells 1 and 2
- 2009 – Increasing the treatment capacity of leachate
- 2010 – The company changes its name from Veolia to VITALIA by withdrawing the French partner from the shareholding
- 2011 – The ecological deposit from Boldesti Scaeni is included in the Long-Term Development Plan of Prahova County and becomes a County Warehouse
- 2012 – Continuation of the construction of cells 4 and 5. Tender for the award of the concession contract regarding the delegation of the public service for the management and operation of the Integrated Waste Center Tarpiu, Bistrita Nasaud County
- 2013 – Winning the tender and signing the contract with the Bistrita County Council. Works for biogas capture at the ecological warehouse in Boldesti Scaeni
- 2020 – Within CMID Tarpiu from Bistrita Nasaud County, we started the construction of cell no. 2 for the storage of municipal and assimilable waste2021 – Completion and reception of the construction works of the cell no.2 of storage